10.27.2005

Where are all the scary movies?

The week before Halloween should be chuck full of frightening television viewing. My lights are out, the popcorn's ready, but I'm not being entertained. I'm frustrated as I flip through the stations to find none of my classics. Nightmare on Elm Street, The Exorcist and The Shining are no where to be found. Instead of quality monster flicks I'm surrounded by endless reruns of Halloween 5 and Friday the 13th 23! I want to see originals. I want to see movies that scare the bejesus out of me - not low budget B movies that I could have made in my basement with a couple of zealous friends and some fake eyeballs. Now, I do own some of these movies and I could pop them in the DVD player at any time - but that's not the point. I mean, what kind of bizarro world do I live in where the cable networks that I pay good money for can't sufficiently scare the hell out of me during the month of October?? Honestly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home